Thursday, February 24, 2011

More Sprouts

Over the past two or three days, many of my indoor herbs and cold weather plants have sprouted! In addition to my one type of lettuce and oregano, I now have Basil, Parsley, Spinach, my second variety of lettuce (so I now have leafy lettuce and romaine) and Broccoli.

Unlike the first sprouts, these sprouts seem to be all growing in at different times. Instead of all 18 planted seeds popping through the soil on relatively the same day, I have a handful that are just peaking, others that have already grown some nice stems and others that haven't quite gotten much height, but their leaves have opened up to embrace the warm sun. There are still a handful of each variety that haven't popped through yet, so I'm just hoping they aren't duds.

No comments:

Post a Comment